Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyL TonyL is offline

Default Embedded Excel object in Word issue

Hi. I have an embedded Excel worksheet in an Word document templete. It had
been working ok until recently. When I have created a new document from the
template I can go into the embedded worksheet to make changes ok. Now after
a while I try to go back into the worksheet I can't anymore. It is now like
a graphic. It now has properties like a graphic. It has lost its Excel
properties. Now I have lost the worksheet properties in the original
template. I have recreated it a couple of times now but the same thing
happens. why is this? Thanks
--
Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VG9ueUw=?=,

I have an embedded Excel worksheet in an Word document templete. It had
been working ok until recently. When I have created a new document from the
template I can go into the embedded worksheet to make changes ok. Now after
a while I try to go back into the worksheet I can't anymore. It is now like
a graphic. It now has properties like a graphic. It has lost its Excel
properties. Now I have lost the worksheet properties in the original
template. I have recreated it a couple of times now but the same thing
happens. why is this?

Which version of Word?

One possible cause is a third-party application (anti-virus or some other kind
of "management" program) that is unlinking the OLE connection back to the
server application (Excel). When this happens, Word turns the object into a
graphic in order to preserve at least the "picture" of what it had originally.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)