STN

Default Why no answer?

Why no answer to the last posting of 4/14/2005? Have I missed some point of
etiquette? Thanks!

Even if "the last posting of 4/14/2005" had any meaning in the Internet
world, where people may be in any of 24 time zones (in some of which the
post may be dated 4/15 or 15/4), you would still do better to post again in
the same thread.

And having looked at your previous post, I would suggest that you might be
more likely to get an answer in the Works newsgroup.

"STN" wrote in message
Why no answer to the last posting of 4/14/2005? Have I missed some point

of
etiquette? Thanks!

STN

Thanks for the reply. Why so hostile? I think in any world, internet or
otherwise, it is still the last posting in the list dated 4/14/2005. Also,
you must know the answer, why not just help??

"STN" wrote:

Why no answer to the last posting of 4/14/2005? Have I missed some point of
etiquette? Thanks!

Pop

There might be lots of reasons besides etiquette; you don't sound like you
made any large snafu's, so barring that, it's possible no one knows the
answer, or understands the question, and on and on. Especially for the
newer type posters, it's sometimes hard to know just what to put in a post
to be able to draw a response from someone who knows the answer. In
general, most people don't reply to a message unless they have an answer or
source of some kind for you.
BTW, from your description it's difficult to locate your previous post so
I haven't tried. I'd suggest you return to the same thread to post thjis,
or somehow solidly identify which message you mean.

HTH,

Pop
--
Let someone else do it
I'm retired!
"STN" wrote in message
Why no answer to the last posting of 4/14/2005? Have I missed some point
of
etiquette? Thanks!

Pop

I don't consider Suzanne's post to be hostile at all and it's too bad you
read it that way. She was informative and gave you a good bit of advice as
to why you may not have gotten a response. She was brief, but that saves
time, and she apparently had little else to say, so she didn't. She was
trying to bring yuou into the "real world" a little, I think.

If you are a newbie, I would suggest reading up a little bit on newsgroup
etiquette and how/why people flame, what a flame is, and how to handle them
(or not). You have to have a fairly tough skin to participate much on the
newsgroups; anonymity changes a lot of attitudes, sometimes without meaning
to. It's part of the human nature, I'm afraid. Google.com will get you
lots of hits on the subject/s.

Good luck!

Pop
--
Let someone else do it
I'm retired!

"STN" wrote:

Why no answer to the last posting of 4/14/2005? Have I missed some point
of
etiquette? Thanks!

You missed my point. Although the dates may be stable if you read the posts
through the Communities interface, that is not true for users using
newsreaders as I do. The post you refer to was dated "Thu, 14 Apr 2005
11:25:03 -0700." That time is Pacific Daylight Time, that is, the time at
Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington. My newsreader shows the
time of the post as 1:25 p.m. (Central Daylight Time, -0500). Someone using
a newsreader in Australia, which is +0800, +0930, or +1000, might see the
time as early morning on April 15. For that reader, the last post on April
14 might be an entirely different one.