Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Foxter Foxter is offline

Default Converting FROM .tiff TO .doc or .docx

In Office 03 I could download from a .tiff to a .doc file and open up and
cut/paste. We just got Office 07 and I can't do this anymore. We can't
download programs. Is there some setting I can make or other way I can get
these .tiff files to where I can cut/paste stuff from them? Please reply
. Thank youj.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was no way on earth that you could paste text from a TIFF graphic into
Word ... any version! Word never has had any ability to edit graphics.

What you *may* be thinking of is the Microsoft Office Document Imaging
application that is included with Office but which is not installed by
default. You will have to re-run Office setup in order to add it. This is a
rudimentary OCR software application that can read TIF format.

"Foxter" wrote in message
In Office 03 I could download from a .tiff to a .doc file and open up and
cut/paste. We just got Office 07 and I can't do this anymore. We can't
download programs. Is there some setting I can make or other way I can
get
these .tiff files to where I can cut/paste stuff from them? Please reply
. Thank youj.

youimage youimage is offline
Banned

there are many free tiff conversion utility that can help you complete tiff to word conversion in a shot span of time. you can search the key words in google to find more information.
Astridd Astridd is offline
Junior Member

Look he https://convertio.co/tiff-doc/