Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default how do i remove dots in my document where there should be spaces?

when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for example....
today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

These are just formatting characters that are normally hidden
Uncheck all the items in tools options view formatting marks and you
can then toggle the dsiplay of formatting marks as required by clicking the
¶ button (or CTRL+*)

bonnie wrote:
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for
example.... today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default how do i remove dots in my document where there should be spac

thanks graham, i tried the CTRL+* but the dots are still appearing when i hit
space bar, and on my word i have no tools option? i am using the word
2007..... any ideas? i need to write a document and email it but it looks
bad with all the dots....
thanks again for your help

bonnie wrote:
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for
example.... today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you first make the changes to Word options as instructed?
Did you hold the shift key whilst pressing CTRL+*
* is Shift 8!

bonnie wrote:
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for
example.... today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Clickon the ¶ button in the Paragraph section of the ribbon.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

bonnie wrote:
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for
example.... today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks

Sharfuddin Sharfuddin is offline
Junior Member

Hi Bonnie

If your using MS Office 2007 then follow the steps to rectify your problem.
1. Go to customize Quick Access Toolbar
2.Click on more options
3.on the extreme left handside you will find Display.
4. Click on Display you will find (Always show these formatting marks on the screen)
5.UNCHECK SPACES

This resolved my problem you can try this options this will definitely solve the problem your facing.

Regards
Sharfuddin
tcindia123 tcindia123 is offline
Banned

go to tools options view formatting marks
oldrodnok oldrodnok is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for example....
today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks
Listen to Sarfuddin... he's giving you a great advice... I had the same problem like you and I resolved in the same way as Sarfuddin explained you....
kgreen20 kgreen20 is offline
Junior Member

I'm a brand-new member of this forum, and this is my first post. I'm having the same issue, as well as another one. In fact, in my Microsoft Word 2010, I accidentally created the first issue in my attempts to resolve the other. Last night, I accidentally switched off the Autoformat for ellipses. This morning, in my efforts to restore that function, I set it up so that a dot appears in every space, instead.

So now, I've got to solve both issues, and I don't know how to. Could you please give me instructions for both? Thank you.

Kathy G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mayor View Post

bonnie wrote:
when i am typing on word there is a dot between every word. for
example.... today.i.am.going.into.town
does anybody know how to change that?? thanks

Last edited by kgreen20 : January 11th 14 at 04:41 PM

kgreen20 kgreen20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreen20 View Post
I'm a brand-new member of this forum, and this is my first post. I'm having the same issue, as well as another one. In fact, in my Microsoft Word 2010, I accidentally created the first issue in my attempts to resolve the other. Last night, I accidentally switched off the Autoformat for ellipses. This morning, in my efforts to restore that function, I set it up so that a dot appears in every space, instead.

So now, I've got to solve both issues, and I don't know how to. Could you please give me instructions for both? Thank you.

Kathy G.

Well, good news: I finally figured out how to remove the dots. So the second issue has been resolved. But the first issue still remains: I still need to know how to restore the autoformat to the ellipses. Can anyone please tell me how?