Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Alpine Haddock[_2_] The Alpine Haddock[_2_] is offline

Default un-disable features introduced after Word 95 / 6.0

Microsoft Word has in the Tools - Options dialogue box an annoying little
checkbox to disable features introduced after Word 6.0/95 or Word 97. I do
not wish this to be checked. Easy enough, you think?

No matter how many times I uncheck this box (including ensuring that it is
also unchecked in Normal.dot) it keeps rechecking itself and then not letting
me (eg) align text within a table, or save hyperlinks. And if it's in a
document that already has these features, it waits until I exit and then says
that some things won't be saved because they're not compatible with Word 6!

When I turn it off it goes away for the immediate session of Word, possibly
for the next one but then comes back. I am going slowly insane.

Does anybody know of a way of completely and irrevocably turning this option
off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add the line
ActiveDocument.DisableFeatures = False
to an autonew and an autoopen macro in normal.dot - see

"The Alpine Haddock" wrote:

Microsoft Word has in the Tools - Options dialogue box an annoying little
checkbox to disable features introduced after Word 6.0/95 or Word 97. I do
not wish this to be checked. Easy enough, you think?

No matter how many times I uncheck this box (including ensuring that it is
also unchecked in Normal.dot) it keeps rechecking itself and then not letting
me (eg) align text within a table, or save hyperlinks. And if it's in a
document that already has these features, it waits until I exit and then says
that some things won't be saved because they're not compatible with Word 6!

When I turn it off it goes away for the immediate session of Word, possibly
for the next one but then comes back. I am going slowly insane.

Does anybody know of a way of completely and irrevocably turning this option
off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might need to rebuild the Word Data key in the Registry; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm for instructions.

"The Alpine Haddock" wrote in
message ...