Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WAFDOF WAFDOF is offline

Default Word Document and Template saving issue

I have created a short template in Microsoft word. In this template are
several bookmarks. The template was saved with the .DOT extension.

Using Visual Studio 2005 VB.net I access the template to create a document
via the following command line:
wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add("C:\Program Files\dot\AccPkg\maintrans3.dot")

Works great. I run the macro from VB.net without difficulty. What I have
run into recently is an issue where when I save the newly created word
document (document1.doc) MS Word then prompts me if I want to save the .DOT
file.

I have used this for sometime and it has only started asking about the .dot
file save recently. Somehow I have associated the Document changes back to
the template. Can someone point me in a direction where I may be able to
break that association? When the document (.doc) file is saved there should
be no questions about the .dot being saved.

Whatever I did seems to be in MS Word and with that particular template
because I use other templates just fine in the same program and the MS Word
prompt to save the .dot file only shows up after I have saved the .doc file

Ken