Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fatgreta fatgreta is offline

Default How can I get a merge field in Word to display only 2 decimal plac

Hi,

I am using word to merge from an excel spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet, I
have numbers entered with two decimal points, almost exclusively either
314.01, 313.81 or 309.81. When I merge that field into a word document, if
the number is 314.01, it displays in the word document as 314.00999999999999.
If the number is either 313.81 or 309.81, the number displays correctly. So
far, I have tried format - cell - number - category "number" with the
"number of decimal places 2," and also format - cell - number - category
"custom" with a bunch of different iterations of ###0.00, to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this error?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Excel stores formatting separate to data and mailmerge in Word only accesses
the data. To reinstate the formatting in a merge document, you must add
formatting switches to the merge fields.

To see how to do that, take a look at the item "Formatting Word fields with
switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.