Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jenniclair jenniclair is offline

Default Mail Merge - Fields missing within "insert merge field" tab

I have an Excel database, with approx 130 data columns, which I use with mail
merge in word for a variety of documents letters, etc to send to customers.
Until last week, this worked with no problem whatsoever, then last week, I
started getting a message that the "DDE connection could not be re-
established", meaning that I couldn't open my word files. I've managed to
find the work around for this on Microsoft's site, by choosing the convertor
method of opening the excel file rather than DDE but now find that a lot of
the merge fields don't work.

When I check in the "insert merge field" tab, the first 59 data fields are
listed, the next four appear together as one field and then there is no
mention of the rest. Can anybody advise please? I am not very good with
computers, so if any explanations could assume I know nothing and take me
through step by step, that would be great!

I have Windows XP Home SP2 2002 version and am using Word & Excel 97.

Many thanks in anticipation!