Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke43 Luke43 is offline

Default Unable to perform print screen to copy into docs

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find I am
unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the obvious prt
sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and also ctrl+alt+prt sc.
My PC is connected to a network in a domain. I was wondering if there is a
restriction on the global policy or locally on my machine that might be
restricting me from doing this. Is there a way to check this if my machine is
locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print screen
capture.

Thanks

Luke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have a keyboard with an FLock key to allow dual fkey functions? If so
press the FLock key to toggle the settings before
pressing PRTSCRN or ALT+PRNTSCRN

Luke43 wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find I
am unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the
obvious prt sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and
also ctrl+alt+prt sc. My PC is connected to a network in a domain. I
was wondering if there is a restriction on the global policy or
locally on my machine that might be restricting me from doing this.
Is there a way to check this if my machine is locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print
screen capture.

Thanks

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke43 Luke43 is offline

no I don't it is just a basic Dell keyboard with no extra keys and no Flock
key. Also this seems to happen no matter what other keyboard I use.

Luke43 wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find I
am unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the
obvious prt sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and
also ctrl+alt+prt sc. My PC is connected to a network in a domain. I
was wondering if there is a restriction on the global policy or
locally on my machine that might be restricting me from doing this.
Is there a way to check this if my machine is locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print
screen capture.

Thanks

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

What happens when you hit the PrintScreen key and try to paste it into a
document? Anything?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Luke43 wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find I
am unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the
obvious prt sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and
also ctrl+alt+prt sc. My PC is connected to a network in a domain. I
was wondering if there is a restriction on the global policy or
locally on my machine that might be restricting me from doing this.
Is there a way to check this if my machine is locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print
screen capture.

Thanks

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke43 Luke43 is offline

When I hit the printscreen key the pointer flickers and when I right click in
a document to paste I find the paste option is greyed out which normally
means there is nothing in the clipboard. Also ctrl+V doesn't do anything.

Luke43 wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find I
am unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the
obvious prt sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and
also ctrl+alt+prt sc. My PC is connected to a network in a domain. I
was wondering if there is a restriction on the global policy or
locally on my machine that might be restricting me from doing this.
Is there a way to check this if my machine is locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print
screen capture.

Thanks

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke43 Luke43 is offline

I have tried performing a print screen when word is open and when it is
closed doesn't seem to make any difference. One thing I have noticed is
sometimes it will allow me to do a print screen when I do
CTRL+ALT+PrintScreen but majority of the time this won't work. I don't think
it is the keyboard as it seems to happen with other keyboards I have tried
also.

It seems whatever you try the print screen function doesn't place the image
into clipboard.

Luke43 wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem when I try to use the print screen function I find

am unable to paste the image into a word document. I have tried the
obvious prt sc button on my keyboard. I have tried alt+prt sc and
also ctrl+alt+prt sc. My PC is connected to a network in a domain.

was wondering if there is a restriction on the global policy or
locally on my machine that might be restricting me from doing this.
Is there a way to check this if my machine is locked somehow.

Every keyboard I have tried I am still unable to perform a print
screen capture.

Thanks

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Porter Matt Porter is offline

I suggest you try Print Screen Deluxe. It's perfect for capturing
your screen or just certain windows. Extremely easy too. Just hit
the Print Screen key.

You can then edit the image, add arrows, or text to it, then paste it
into Word, or save it to a file.

Matt