lewisusa

Default how is the last name McKee spelled typed in all capital letters?

how would you spell the last mname McKee in all capital letters? IS it MC
KEE or MCKEE?
Anne Troy

If you leave a space, you can get into trouble later. People are moving more
toward "data-friendly" decisions on such things. Since McKee is a last name,
I would keep it as one word. Some names really are separate, like Dela
Porta, but even so, I'd keep them as one.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"lewisusa" wrote in message
how would you spell the last mname McKee in all capital letters? IS it MC
KEE or MCKEE?

Brian Mailman

lewisusa wrote:

how would you spell the last mname McKee in all capital letters? IS it MC
KEE or MCKEE?

The latter, only the 'c' is a small capital, lifted flush with the tops
of the other letters. Sometimes underlined.

To be topical to the purpose of this newsgroup, now you have to ask how
to do that in Word.

B/

Conventionally, in all caps it would be "MC KEE." I find this confusing, but
the current adaptation, "McKEE," is odd as well.

"lewisusa" wrote in message
how would you spell the last mname McKee in all capital letters? IS it MC
KEE or MCKEE?

TF

Keep it simple: MCKEE. Even though it isn't exactly correct, I don't think
anyone would be confused by it. A general rule for using AllCaps is that
punctuation may be omitted, so ignoring the small 'c' is probably OK.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/