deango

Default extending test

Hi. When I copy a NG message to Word 2000, the lines of text don't go =
all the way across the page,
it just copies like it was downloaded.
I can change the font and the text size, but how do you get the lines to =
combined to fill the page?=20

I tried creating a macro that is at this site, but I think I have to =
make a template for it (with it?) which I also don't know how to do. =
Anyway, I couldn't get it to work. I'm sure you guy answer this one all =
the time, but I don't even know how to search for it.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,6092,00.asp

Thanks. deango
Doug Robbins

See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"deango" wrote in message
Hi. When I copy a NG message to Word 2000, the lines of text don't go all
the way across the page,
it just copies like it was downloaded.
I can change the font and the text size, but how do you get the lines to
combined to fill the page?

I tried creating a macro that is at this site, but I think I have to make a
template for it (with it?) which I also don't know how to do. Anyway, I
couldn't get it to work. I'm sure you guy answer this one all the time, but
I don't even know how to search for it.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,6092,00.asp

Thanks. deango

Pat Garard

G'Day Deango,¶

Use the '¶' button on Word's toolbar the see the¶
Paragraph Markers in your pasted text (as you see¶
them here.¶

Each line you copy ends with a Paragraph Marker,¶
like this line and the line above.¶

Two Paragraph Markers cause a line skip to form¶
a 'visual' paragraph like this set of two lines.¶

First search for two Para Markers in a row, and replace¶
them with some weird text like '//Para\\'.¶

Then search for the remaining single Para Markers, and replace¶
all with a space ' '.¶

Now restore the original Paragraphs by a search for that text¶
('//Para\\') replacing all with a Paragraph Marker.¶

In Word's Search and Replace, you can represent a Paragraph¶
Marker by the two-character sequence '^p', and two-in-a-row¶
by the four-character sequence '^p^p'.¶

To finish off, you may need to search for double spaces ' ' and¶
replace all with a single space ' '.¶
-- ¶
Regards,¶
Pat Garard¶
Melbourne, Australia¶
_______________________¶

"deango" wrote in message
Hi. When I copy a NG message to Word 2000, the lines of text don't go all the way across
the page,
it just copies like it was downloaded.
I can change the font and the text size, but how do you get the lines to combined to fill
the page?

I tried creating a macro that is at this site, but I think I have to make a template for
it (with it?) which I also don't know how to do. Anyway, I couldn't get it to work. I'm
sure you guy answer this one all the time, but I don't even know how to search for it.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,6092,00.asp

Thanks. deango

deango

Thank you all so much! Just the ticket for what I need to do. Glad you =
interpreted 'test' for 'text'. Ta. deango.
deango wrote:
=20
Thanks. deango

"referencing" a test in the back of a textbook Mlou Microsoft Word Help 2 August 22nd 05 12:42 AM
test Inglese New Users 2 August 9th 05 05:25 PM
test - please respond William.Smith New Users 2 July 27th 05 09:47 AM
Quick way to rearrange test questions in Word lkr6104r Page Layout 5 April 11th 05 12:29 PM
Creating Test With Answers Violet McCormick via OfficeKB.com New Users 1 January 28th 05 08:30 PM