Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChattanoogaWord

Default Word program opening slowly

I have a new computer with Windows XP. Word opens very slowly, about 10-15
seconds. Once it is opened, I can open files fairly quickly. I have deleted
the normal.dot. Restarted the computer and open Word again. It is still very
slow in opening. This was happening on another computer also. That computer
got a message that said the Bookmark Assistant add-in was not working
properly and did they want to stop the process. They answered Yes and now
theirs open quickly as it should.

I have searched have looked at Tools, Templates and Add-ins, I don't see a
Bookmark Assistant listed.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, that's how long my copy takes to open, too. But then I open it only
once a day (because I leave it open). g

"ChattanoogaWord" wrote in
message ...

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM