Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cantgetit cantgetit is offline

Default Recording macros

Can anyone help I am confused.
trying to record a macro by copying these are the steps I am doing

record macro assign keyboard shortcut
ctrl shift down arrow to select text
ctrl c to copy
ctrl v to past
stop recoring macro button

I must be missing something as it is not working

Can you see what I am missing please

thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What is it that you think this macro is supposed to do?

From your description, it selects the text from the cursor to the end of the
current paragraph
It copies the selected text to the clipboard, then pastes it back over the
selection, so while the macro is undoubtedly working, it will not appear to
do anything as the end result will be the same as what you started with
(though you should still have the selected text stored in the clipboard).

cantgetit wrote:
Can anyone help I am confused.
trying to record a macro by copying these are the steps I am doing

record macro assign keyboard shortcut
ctrl shift down arrow to select text
ctrl c to copy
ctrl v to past
stop recoring macro button

I must be missing something as it is not working

Can you see what I am missing please

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What is it that you think this macro is supposed to do?

From your description, it selects the text from the cursor to the end of the

cantgetit wrote:
Can anyone help I am confused.
trying to record a macro by copying these are the steps I am doing

record macro assign keyboard shortcut
ctrl shift down arrow to select text
ctrl c to copy
ctrl v to past
stop recoring macro button

I must be missing something as it is not working

Can you see what I am missing please

thanks in advance

Hi Graham

I am trying to insert a recurring paragraph of text into a document with a
keystroke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cantgetit cantgetit is offline

Thanks suzanne but I wish to store many different paragraphs fo rinsertion at
various different stages and the keystroke macro works much better than
autotext for me

"cantgetit" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What is it that you think this macro is supposed to do?

From your description, it selects the text from the cursor to the end of

cantgetit wrote:
Can anyone help I am confused.
trying to record a macro by copying these are the steps I am doing

record macro assign keyboard shortcut
ctrl shift down arrow to select text
ctrl c to copy
ctrl v to past
stop recoring macro button

I must be missing something as it is not working

Can you see what I am missing please

thanks in advance

Hi Graham

I am trying to insert a recurring paragraph of text into a document with a
keystroke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Then you need something like

Sub Duplicate_Para()
With Selection
.StartOf Unit:=wdParagraph
.MoveEnd Unit:=wdParagraph
.Copy
.EndKey
.TypeParagraph
.Paste
End With
End Sub

cantgetit wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What is it that you think this macro is supposed to do?

From your description, it selects the text from the cursor to the
end of the current paragraph

cantgetit wrote:
Can anyone help I am confused.
trying to record a macro by copying these are the steps I am doing

record macro assign keyboard shortcut
ctrl shift down arrow to select text
ctrl c to copy
ctrl v to past
stop recoring macro button

I must be missing something as it is not working

Can you see what I am missing please

thanks in advance

Hi Graham

I am trying to insert a recurring paragraph of text into a document
with a keystroke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can store as many AutoText entries as you like and assign a keyboard
shortcut to each one, or you can type the first four letters of the entry
name and press Enter or F3 (depending on version) to insert it.

"cantgetit" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What is it that you think this macro is supposed to do?

From your description, it selects the text from the cursor to the end