Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-David- -David- is offline

Default Speech Recognition & Word 2003

*1* The computer was started in the usual way 7 February but on opening a
document typed on 6 February I found that the line spacing had been changed
from the smallest to the next smallest even though the toolbar indicated that
the line spacing was the smallest! I found that this could not be changed.

*2* I then wanted to type a second document in Word 2003 and since I
occasionally use Dotum font, I went into "fonts" to use this font for the
document. I found that there had been changes made to the fonts in the "top
section" of the fonts schedule, and that in the boby of thschedule, there
were now no fonts beginning with the letter "D"!

*3* The only recent significant event is that on 6 February, some time was
spect familiarizing myself with Speech Recognition. Unfortunately, I can't
recall which, if any, changes were made to settings in that programme.

*4* I initially "Restored" the system to 6 February, but to no effect.
Subsequently, I restored to 5 February which solved the problem in that the
"line spacing issue" disappeared, and the font drop down menu was back to its
usdual state.

*5* However, all the setting up od Speech Recognition I had done was
completely gone(!)

*6* My difficulty now is, I would want to re-establish a Speech Recognition
facility but am concerned that (1) this might again interfer in this strange
way with the settings in Word, and, shoukld I need to restore the system
again (unlikely but possible) to a date prior to the second "setting up" of
Speech Recognition, the same cancellation of the settings in Speech
Recognition might happen again!

Help much appreciated as a Speech Recognition facility will probably be a
big plus!
Your help would be much appreciated!