Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Henry Bob Henry is offline

Default I neet to get rid of large space between paragraphs

In the middle of first page a large space (4" plus) occurs and text jumps to
second page.
--
Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are two obvious possibilites and a couple that might not have
happened.

(1-2) Go to Format Paragraph (probably within Modify Style, but since
you didn't say which version of Word, I can't tell you how to get
there) and on the first tab change "Space Before" and/or "Space After"
to 0 -- or simply check the box for "Don't add space between
paragraphs in the same style'; and on the second tab uncheck "Keep
lines together."

(3-4) Are there any empty paragraphs between the ones that are
misbehaving? (Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters, and if there's a
column of paragraph marks, delete them.) In that same second tab of
Format Paragraph, uncheck "Keep with Next."