SueCaliforniaGirl

Default New Works Template-Word 2003

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to sign the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and that didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

Are you logged in as Administrator when you do this? In any case, note that
you don't actually "sign"; there's usually a button marked "I Agree" that
you click.

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote in
message ...
When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to sign

the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and that

didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

Yes, I am signed in as administrator, and no, it does not ask me to sign it.
Just says "cannot display End User Agreement which must be displayed and
accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement,
reinstall."

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to sign the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and that didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

I overlooked the version information in your subject line. There is no
version of Works Suite that comes with Word 2003. If you upgraded from Word
2002 (which came with Works Suite) to Word 2003, you may still have this
legacy New Works Template on a menu bar in Word, but it will not be usable
because the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word will not work with Word
2003. You will not be able to use your Works templates in Word 2003.

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to sign

the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and that

didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I have the Office Pro Edition 2003, but you may be right that I also had the
Works Suite before that. So how do I take care of this problem? I'd rather
have the Office Pro on the computer than the Works Suite. I just want the
program to work as intended which I believe is to use the Templates, if
needed. Got any info on this?

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to sign

the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and that

didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

No, you cannot use Works templates in Word without the Works Suite Add-in,
and it won't work with Word 2003. Sorry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote

in
message ...

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to

sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and

that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to

sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

I have it on my other computer and it works just fine. I don't have the
add-in on the other computer either, but I'm not sure if the works suite is
on that computer or only the office pro edition.

Can't I delete the works suite and just use the pro edition and it will work
fine?

Sue

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me to

sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and

that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place to

sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

It has nothing to do with an answer "I like better." I know what works and
what doesn't and I don't know what you mean by post a question to the "Works
NG," anyways.

I was looking for some help and it doesn't seem we are on the same page
here. Works templates work fine on my other computer and it has the Office
Pro Edition. I'm not sure if you are understanding what I am talking about.

Can you point me in the right direction with someone who might understand or
be on the same page here?

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking me

sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first and
that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no place

sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

It is not normal for Word or Office to have "Works templates" in the absence
of some version of Works Suite. I have suggested that you post in the Works
NG at news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.works.win. You can access
this with a Web browser at http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/ (select
English, then Works).

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote in
message news

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking

me
sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first

and
that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same

thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no

place
sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

Suzanne, thanks for the referral and the link. I've posted and hope someone
understands. I've checked the other computer and they have exactly the same
programs on them, which means they have Word 2002 and Word 2003 and the Work
Templates open just fine.

Will see if someone knows where the conflict is on the one computer or will
just have to live with it or delete one of the programs so that it can work
right.

Thanks for trying..
~Sue

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is asking

me
sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair first

and
that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same

thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement, no

place
sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

Are these "Works" templates or "Work" templates? Perhaps they are
"Workgroup" templates? If that's so, then you're dealing with a very
different animal. The path to "Workgroup templates" is shown on the File
Locations tab of Tools | Options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SueCaliforniaGirl"

wrote
in
message

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is

asking
me
sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair

first
and
that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same

thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement,

no
place
sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

SueCaliforniaGirl

Suzanne, what I am talking about is located under "File" then "New Works
Template." I am in Word 2003 on both computers. One will display the
templates and one ask for the original post and quote.

~Sue

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is not normal for Word or Office to have "Works templates" in the

absence
of some version of Works Suite. I have suggested that you post in the

Works
NG at news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.works.win. You can

access
this with a Web browser at http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

(select
English, then Works).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote

in
message news It has nothing to do with an answer "I like better." I know what

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

When I went to click on the New Works Template, it is

asking
me
sign
the
end user agreement by reinstalling. I tried to repair

first
and
that
didn't
work and now I've reinstalled and it still does the same
thing.

I tried going to help and looking at the end agreement,

no
place
sign
there.

Can someone please help me?

~Sue

Okay, if you are seeing New Works Template on the File menu, it is because
it has been put there by Works (in Works Suite). Its presence there is no
guarantee that it will work. You can use Tools | Customize to add a menu
item that says anything you like, but it won't necessary do anything. The
action performed by that menu item is no longer available.

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

[...]

SueCaliforniaGirl

Okay, thanks for letting me know it is from Work Suite. Now I feel like we
are getting on the same page. I also didn't go into Tools/Customize and do
anything on either computer. So the question then is why does it work on one
computer and not the other and can I do something to get it to work?

~Sue

"SueCaliforniaGirl" wrote:

[...]

I wasn't meaning to suggest that you (or anyone else) had customized the
menu, just that the appearance of a menu item is no guarantee that there is
a feature behind it. I can only imagine that it works on the other computer
because the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in is installed on the other computer.
Again, I suggest that you ask about this in the Works newsgroup cited
previously.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, if you are seeing New Works Template on the File menu, it is

because
it has been put there by Works (in Works Suite). Its presence there is

no
guarantee that it will work. You can use Tools | Customize to add a menu
item that says anything you like, but it won't necessarily do anything.