Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hans J Walloschek Hans J Walloschek is offline

Default German language checker/proofing tool

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

Not yet on the market, but there is one planned.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

M$ keeps saying that but other than seeing it referenced everywhere, nobody
at M$ has (or is willing to share) any details. This is the poorest
implementation of Office I have ever seen.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

What the point of this reply? SLPs (customized or not) can't be deployed
silent/unattended and the MLP doesn't exist. Just another useless reply.
Sorry, but I'm a little p#$%@ right now because that's what I keep hearing
for the last 4 months with no progress at all. Well, I guess you guys still
have 6 days to RTM the MLP in July...

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The original question was about adding a German language
checker/proofing tool to Office 2007. The original question said
nothing about silent/unattended deployment of the MultiLanguage Pack.
Obviously you stuck your "me too" onto a question unrelated to your
actual problem (which I'd say has nothing to do with Word or Microsoft)
and got an answer that was unrelated to your actual problem, so you
should only be p#$%@ed at yourself.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

a Well, let's say I'm p$%^& because the original question was about proofing
tools package similar to the Office 2003 Proofing Tools (and not a language
pack) and those are still not out. And since it's not me who is promising
stuff for months now I keep being p%$^# at M$. And I'm again sorry about
saying it this way because I'm usually the kind type.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a similar package for
office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is not we who are 'promising stuff' either, so your rant at fellow users
is unwarranted. This is a user peer group, not Microsoft!

If you have the Office 2003 proofing tools installed, they will be used
automatically when you upgrade to 2007. If they are not installed when you
start, they can still be installed later - see
http://www.gmayor.com/office_2003_proofing_tools.htm.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a
similar package for office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

Believe me, I had no intention to blame peers for what M$ screwed up. I guess
seeing this forum running on servers in the M$ domain made me believe that M$
guys would monitor the groups at least once in a while. And while the 2003
Proofing Tools may work under 2007, they are not supported under 2007 and not
easily to install on a clean machine.

I'm frustrated because I have to roll out Office 2007 to about 4000 users in
about 30 countries and M$ is offering no option to do this unattened in a
reasonable way. They basically tossed any established deployment method from
the last 10 years and introduced new tools that don't work as advertised.
Their support ignores the technical issue I'm reporting and just tells me
that's the way it is, take it or leave it, we got your money anyway.

I don't know what MVPs tells their customers on how to roll out Office in a
multi language, fully managed environment. Maybe there is nobody else that
does that these days. Anyway, enough for the ranting.

"Hans J Walloschek" wrote:

I used to have Proofing Tools for Office 2003,is there a
similar package for office 2007 or Win XP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naebeth naebeth is offline

so i take it theres no way of getting German proofing tools unless you buy an
edition of MO2007 thats in German or has it as a "companion language"?

dam

don't suppose anyone has MO2007 with the German proofing tools and is
willing to email me ) the file the German file?
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naebeth naebeth is offline

so i take it theres no way of getting German proofing tools unless you buy an
edition of MO2007 thats in German or has it as a "companion language"?

dam

don't suppose anyone has MO2007 with the German proofing tools and is
willing to email me ) the German file?
please?

if you are but don't know where it is, search your PC for the FOLDER called
"Proof.de". It should be inside and an XML file called "Proof"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

You can install the German language pack (which gets you the UI as well) but
there is still no way to install just the German Proofing Tools because the
Multi Language Pack has been pushed back again (now MS says end of October
but it's always the end of [current month]).

"naebeth" wrote:

so i take it theres no way of getting German proofing tools unless you buy an
edition of MO2007 thats in German or has it as a "companion language"?

dam

don't suppose anyone has MO2007 with the German proofing tools and is
willing to email me ) the file the German file?
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naebeth naebeth is offline

sorry, didn't meant to post that twice

do i have to pay for this German Language Pack?

and where do i get it from? many hours of searching on the Microsoft
downloads website, microsoft update website, and official Microsoft office
website produced nothing but letter templates and the option to buy another
distro of the entire office '07 package with its primary language as German.

And (as i am a complete noob in the area of customising M$ office products)
can i set it to check my German spelling without turning the interface into
German?
most pages i thought could help (but didn't) seemed to imply i would need
the German User Interface in order to have the spelling checker.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

If you are in the US you can buy a single language pack for $25 at
http://buy20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/...&culture=en-US.
The installer is in German but you should be able to figure out which box to
check to just the get Proffing Tools installed. It will still copy the whole
SLP to the MSOCACHE though, so what was like 200MB under 2003 is now like
800MB. I used this on the English version of Office 2007 Pro Plus withtout
any issue. It's just not what I need or could deploy...

"naebeth" wrote:

sorry, didn't meant to post that twice

do i have to pay for this German Language Pack?

and where do i get it from? many hours of searching on the Microsoft
downloads website, microsoft update website, and official Microsoft office
website produced nothing but letter templates and the option to buy another
distro of the entire office '07 package with its primary language as German.

And (as i am a complete noob in the area of customising M$ office products)
can i set it to check my German spelling without turning the interface into
German?
most pages i thought could help (but didn't) seemed to imply i would need
the German User Interface in order to have the spelling checker.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naebeth naebeth is offline

i'm in the UK

and you can just nick the individual language proofing tools straight out of
the instal folder.

like it says the post below where i added a bit to my first post without
realising that the first post had gone through before i decided to add stuff.

but to re-cap, open the search thing off your start menu and search for a
FOLDER called "Proof.de", then select the correct version of German (yet more
folders) and the resulting XML file is what you need to send.
again, my email address is

is there anyway of deleting posts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DirkM DirkM is offline

Those won't install unless you have the SLP installed. I tried that and just
get an MSI error saying that the product the MSI is packaged for is not
installed. That's the whole point of getting the Multi Language Pack so that
you could take the proof.de folder and install just the proofing tools. But
M$ won't release it.