Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adrian

Default New unwanted style called Char... gets created when I save as DOT template

Hi,

Whenever I save my Word doc as a template (.dot) it adds a new style to the
style list called "Char Char1 Char Char Char1 Char". In the Modify Style
window, it says the style type is "paragraph and character". Furthermore,
there are a number of instances of text where this style is applied.

This problem is repeatable.

I can delete the style from the style list without seeming to adversely
affect the text to which it is applied, but it reappears when I open the
file again.

I thought that I could get rid of this with a registry tweak I found in
another post, but it seems that that was for a slightly different problem as
it doesn't solve mine.

Any ideas? After a long time setting up my templates this is not what I
need.

Cheers,

Adrian

MS Word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2 on Windows XP SP2