Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hazel Hazel is offline

Default Normal.dotm- exclamation mark on file icon

Somehow my normal.dotm has become corrupted - Normal.dotx is OK but I cannot
replace normal.dotm or edit as it says I am already in there.

Tried setting up on alternate drive etc to no avail.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Hazel,

In Word 2007 templates that are saved enabled the for active content (.dotM) do have an exclamation mark on the icon. If the
template is being shown as already in use and checking the Windows task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) does not show Winword.exe (Word) or
Outlook running then you may want to try using
Start=Search
and locating files found using the string
~$*.*;*.tmp
and recycling those temp files then start Word and open Normal.dotm or rename Normal.dotm then restart Word to create a new one when
exiting Word.

====================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Close Word and Outlook - ensure there are no orphan temporary files
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then rename it.

Hazel wrote:
Somehow my normal.dotm has become corrupted - Normal.dotx is OK but I
cannot replace normal.dotm or edit as it says I am already in there.

Tried setting up on alternate drive etc to no avail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hazel Hazel is offline

Worked like a dream - thanks for the how and the explanation of the
exclamation mark too.

Hazel

"Hazel" wrote:

Somehow my normal.dotm has become corrupted - Normal.dotx is OK but I cannot
replace normal.dotm or edit as it says I am already in there.

Tried setting up on alternate drive etc to no avail.

Normal.dotm Sinclair Microsoft Word Help 10 January 8th 08 07:38 PM
Normal.dotm Rick Microsoft Word Help 1 August 30th 07 06:45 AM
Inverted exclamation mark mia Microsoft Word Help 3 August 10th 07 09:34 PM
Convert normal.dot in W2000 to normal.dotm in W2007 Why did I update Microsoft Word Help 3 August 8th 07 09:42 PM
Change Normal.dotm LTJ Microsoft Word Help 1 May 30th 07 03:52 PM