Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default Textbox copied fr Powerpoint not pasting correctly in Word

Hi!
I created some boxes in powerpoint, one on top of each other, like a totem
pole, in Powerpoint and connected them with Line Connectors. Each box has
some text in it. I grouped all of the items (boxes and connectors) then
copied them to Word. The problem is, and this just happened today when it
has been fine all along, when I pasted directly into Word using Ctrl+V, some
text boxes turn up blank while unders are truncated, with the missing lines
turning up in another box! Worse, sometimes Word hangs when I press Ctrl+V.
I've restarted my PC 3 times already hoping it can be corrected, to no avail.

Can anybody explain why this is happening? I consider myself a fairly
experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of applications but this is just
doing my head in! BTW, I'm using Windows 2000 Professional, Powerpoint
2000-SP3 and Word 2000 (9.0.8950 SP-3).

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=,

I created some boxes in powerpoint, one on top of each other, like a totem
pole, in Powerpoint and connected them with Line Connectors. Each box has
some text in it. I grouped all of the items (boxes and connectors) then
copied them to Word. The problem is, and this just happened today when it
has been fine all along, when I pasted directly into Word using Ctrl+V, some
text boxes turn up blank while unders are truncated, with the missing lines
turning up in another box! Worse, sometimes Word hangs when I press Ctrl+V.
I've restarted my PC 3 times already hoping it can be corrected, to no avail.

Have you tried the various options in Edit/Paste Special? Perhaps one of these
will help.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org