Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoeMan MoeMan is offline

Default Word 2003, Cannot highlight text with mouse.

Hi all,

I've seen a few threads about this problem but none led to a solution.
Lets try again.......

Office Pro 2003 sp2, XP-pro sp2.

I can start a new document in word. If I try to highlight some text by
left click drag,
the cursor doesn't move or highlight. I get the same in Outlook when
word is
selected as my email editor.

The left and right click mouse functions normally in all other programs
and
editors. Only the main text area in word 2003 is affected.

I can press Shift/left arrow and get the text highlighted.

I reloaded the mouse drivers, and also tried a different mouse, no joy.

Uninstalled Office and reinstalled twice, still no joy.

I deleted and recreated a new normal.dot, no joy.

I checked addins and scripts, but none are loaded.

So far, out of approx 1500 PC's, only two users have reported this
problem.
One user has a Compaq nc6220 laptop and the other has a HP desktop.

Thanks,

MoeMan