dansmith dansmith is offline
Junior Member

Default Variable label counts

If I have seen multiple permutations of this question around the web, but there seems to be no answer to it. I am creating a set of inventory labels. One of the fields in Excel is quantity. Most items are a single unit. However, others may have ten in stock. Is there anyway to force mail merge to repeat the label x number of times before going to next record?
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK

This seems to be the easiest way (non VBA) https://groups.google.com/group/micr...le+times&hl=en
However, i think there's a limit on the number of If's you can use (probably 19) so this wouldn't work if you have more than 19 in your quantity column...

Alternatively, the consensus is to create a new sheet specifically for the merge. Have a look at http://www.excelforum.com/excel-gene...f-records.html

Hope this helps a little