drfrot

Default Can I link body text to (changing) bulleted Outline Numbers?

Working on a long word document, with multiple headings (bulleted as Outline
Numbers). If I insert a new numbered heading somewhere, obviously subsequent
outline numbers update themselves.

Can I link body text to this process (e.g. "Methods have been discussed in
Section x.x"). If the numerical value for section x.x changes, can I link
that body text to this value, to prevent me from having to check the entire
document for consistency by hand?