Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maanu Maanu is offline

Default Shortcut for Documet Map

Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alt, V, D.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alt, V, D.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Customize keyboard dialog box, assign a keyboard shortcut to
ViewDocumentMap command. Make sure that "Save in" is set to the Normal
template. Later, if/when you are prompted to save your Normal template,
choose to do so.

To display the dialog box:

- Click the Office button, and click Word Options; in the Customize
category,
click the Customize button (Word 2007).

- Click Tools | Customize, and then click the Keyboard button (Word 2003).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, accelerator keys are tricky. For example, on my Word 2007 system,
pressing Alt, V, D switches to Draft view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Alt, V, D.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alt, V, D works fine in Word 2003 though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you have to choose some specific setting to enable Word 2003
accelerators in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Really? I had no idea.

Note that some commonly used accelerators work the same in both Word
versions: Alt, T, O for the (Word) Options dialog box; Alt, V, P for Print
Layout view; Alt, V, O for Outline view; Alt, F, O for the Open dialog box;
Alt, F, 1 to open the first document on the recent documents list; Alt, F, A
for Save As.

--

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My memory of this is very vague, but I'm pretty sure we were told that Word
2003 accelerators would be fully supported (for those for whom they are
habitual). But I don't find any setting in the Options that seems relevant,
and of course it goes without saying that there's nothing in Help.

Oh, wait. Here we go. If you press Alt and hesitate, getting the Word 2007
key tips, then press V (the key tip for the View tab is W), you get a popup
that says, "Office 2003 access key: Alt, V. Continue typing the Office 2003
menu key sequence, or press Escape to cancel." The result of pressing D,
however, is still Draft view, which is clearly an anomaly because Alt, V, D
is Document Map in Word 2003, and there is no Draft view. But it's worth a
try with other shortcuts.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maanu" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any shortcut for displaying document map?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, the popups do help a little (although some trial and error might be
required, if you cannot remember which key combinations opened the main
menus in Word 2003).

For what it's worth, via the ribbon interface, you can press Alt, W, VM to
show/hide the Document Map. (Alt, W displays the View tab of the ribbon.)