Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newsjunkie Newsjunkie is offline

Default How to view Autotext items in side menu. Options are missing

Word 2003: Am taking a class currently and even the instructor can't help me
with this question. When I click on InsertAutoText a side menu comes up
with items to insert into a document, including Salutations, Closings, etc.
However when I click on Salutations, etc., nothing shows except a small white
blank box. It displays no options like, Dear Sir, Dear Madam, etc. How can I
get that setting back? None of the boxes contain items, only small white
blank boxes. Where did they go?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:36:01 -0700, Newsjunkie
wrote:

Word 2003: Am taking a class currently and even the instructor can't help me
with this question. When I click on InsertAutoText a side menu comes up
with items to insert into a document, including Salutations, Closings, etc.
However when I click on Salutations, etc., nothing shows except a small white
blank box. It displays no options like, Dear Sir, Dear Madam, etc. How can I
get that setting back? None of the boxes contain items, only small white
blank boxes. Where did they go?

That's usually a sign that an ordinary template has been renamed as
Normal.dot and substituted for the "real" Normal.dot.

Follow the steps at "Creating a new Normal.dot from scratch" in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm. Be sure
to read "Salvaging your customizations" before you start working on
it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman