Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MW[_2_] MW[_2_] is offline

Default How can I make a drop box in Word to hold a list of name?

Is there a user friendly way to add a drop list to a word document. I have a
document that I use over and over, but need to change to speaker's names. I
need a list of these speakers (5 )to choose from. Can this be created for me
by someone and emailed to me?

Thank you,
MW
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi MW:

I won't send a private email, as others then won't learn from your example!
Try this-

1) Click on View- Toolbars- then select "Forms"
2) Now click on the dropdown control in the Forms toolbar.
3) Right click on the grayed in object, then click on Properties, then begin
adding in the names that you want.
4) To use the control (i.e. see the dropdown list of names) you first have
to lock your form.

That should do it for you...

For larger lists, you'd have to import the names form an Excel or Access
backend, but that will get more complicated. If you get there, ask again and
I or someone else will gladly show you the code. You can see how the more
complicated way is done by looking at a sample import that I recently posted
he http://www.emrupdate.com/forums/t/9106.aspx

Cheers,
Al