Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rsw5060 rsw5060 is offline

Default How do I get a running header with running page numbers?

I need to insert the header with a running page number. I can get the header
but no page number, and I can get the page number but no header.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi rsw,

Once you access the header or footer, Word makes the page numbering tools available. Simply insert the page # field at your current
header/footer location.

--
Cheers
macropod

"rsw5060" wrote in message ...
I need to insert the header with a running page number. I can get the header
but no page number, and I can get the page number but no header.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If this is Word 2007 (which you should always mention in posts if that's true),
when you click the Page Number button you get a choice of "Top of page", "Bottom
of page", "Page margins", and "Current position". Put the cursor at the location
where you want the page number, and use only the "Current position" choice --
any of the others will wipe out anything that's already in the header.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman