Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dabudgiesmuggler Dabudgiesmuggler is offline

Default Making table heading numbering correspond with chapter numbering

Hi,
does anyone know how to make table headings correspond with chapter
headings? for example I want my tables in chapter 1 to start with Table 1.1
and proceed with Table 1.2, Table 1.3 etc; chapter 2 tables to start with
Table 2.1 and proceed with Table 2.2, Table 2.3 etc and so on.
I'm using the standard in-built heading styles and internal
cross-referencing so would have though it should be fairly straight forward.
I'm using Word in MS office 2007, but not vista (if that makes a diff!?).
I'm doing this for a thesis I'm about to submit and my supervisors have
asked I use this heading convention.
Would appreciate some help.
Chur
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You have to use "Include chapter number" in the Caption dialog. Or you can
create a StyleRef field manually after examining how Word does it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dabudgiesmuggler" wrote in
message ...