Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Neither an EM Dash or EN Dash, but I need to replace it with a Hyp

Fellow Forum Members,
Word 2003 automatically inserts a long slim dash that is neither an EM Dash,
EN Dash or hyphen. Nevertheless, I want to do a find a replace operation
that will replace all of these unwanted dashes with hyphens. The problem is
that when I copy this unwanted dash and paste it in the FIND field nothing
gets pasted. What is the best way to make WORD find these unwanted dashes and
then replace them with a hyphen? Any help will be aprreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does ^0151 work for the Find what: character?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
Word 2003 automatically inserts a long slim dash that is neither an EM
Dash,
EN Dash or hyphen. Nevertheless, I want to do a find a replace operation
that will replace all of these unwanted dashes with hyphens. The problem
is
that when I copy this unwanted dash and paste it in the FIND field nothing
gets pasted. What is the best way to make WORD find these unwanted dashes
and
then replace them with a hyphen? Any help will be aprreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Neither an EM Dash or EN Dash, but I need to replace it with a

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. To replace long horizontal bars that
are automatically inserted by WORD and are twice as long as a hyphen requires
that you FIND hyphens and replace it with hyphens.