Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meredith

Default After I use the Find function I can't turn it off! Help!

In Office 2003 Word, after I use the find function to locate a word in the
text, I keep getting a message that says word has completed checking do I
want to continue. It does not allow me to get back to entering more text but
keeps repeating. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Do you get this when trying to goto the next page - either via the button
below the vertical scroll bar, or Ctrl+Page Down? If so, I agree it can be
an irritant, and it is because Find changes the Browse Object from "Next
Page" to "Next Find".

To reset it, you can click on the "Select Browse Object" (between the next
and previous buttons) to get a flyout where you can select Page (or whatever
you want from the selection) - or take some other action which will
automatically change it (like F5 - GoTo - and go to some other type of
object).

--
Enjoy,
Tony