Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Significance of style in MS-Word

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the style while
creating a template or a word document. Can any one advice me regarding this
topic

Regards
Rathish
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See these articles:

Tips for understanding Microsoft Word styles
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

Creating a Template €“ The Basics (Part I)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart2.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the style while
creating a template or a word document. Can any one advice me regarding this
topic

Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rathish Rathish is offline

Thanks Sir,
It will really helpfull Thank a lot
Regards
Rathish

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the style while
creating a template or a word document. Can any one advice me regarding this
topic

Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the style while
creating a template or a word document. Can any one advice me regarding this
topic

Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rathish Rathish is offline

Sir,
i would like to ask you something regarding the templates as i need some one
above me to guide regarding this. i was not very much familiar with Ms - Word
but various articles and with the help of the Experts in this forum i got a
good knowledge. now i want to moov towards the teplate side.

Can you explain me why we create a template, what are the reasons that
company want the template need to be perfect.

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the style while
creating a template or a word document. Can any one advice me regarding this
topic

Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A template is merely a means of storing the setup parameters, standard text,
macros etc associated with the documents you create from it. It is just a
means of ensuring that your documents turn out as you want them to appear.

Different types of documents, eg letters, faxes, memos, reports etc all have
different setup requirements and thus all need different templates.

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to learn about the significance of applying the
style while creating a template or a word document. Can any one
advice me regarding this topic

Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As Graham wrote, templates provide a way to reuse formatting and content. The
links I suggested in a previous message should explain the benefits.

See also the following articles:

What do Templates and Add-ins store?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...latesStore.htm

What is the relationship between a Microsoft Word document and its template?
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP