Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterS PeterS is offline

Default Header doesn't copy or save into text only file

In Office 2007 Pro Word, I go to "select all" on a resume document (Table in
the text of the document) and it doesn't select the header or footer, so I
can't copy it and paste it. I tried to save the file as "text only" and it
didn't save the header or footer.

This had worked before, and the only difference is that I updated Office by
allowing all components to be run from disk (add/remove components from the
control panel Program and Features).

I'm running detect and repair now as a reboot didn't change anything, but
would like to know if anyone else experienced this amd has a solution. I am
also running Office on a new Dell XPS laptop.

Thanks,

Peter S
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that a simple work-around is to copy and paste the header text directly
into the text file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP