Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Endnotes converted from footnotes drop reference number

I converted footnotes to endnotes and while they now appear at the end of the
document, the subscripted number has dropped. It appears there is something
or at least space in front of the endnote text that I can highlight, but no
number appears. And the options is set to restart at character 1. Any
suggestions? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Sorry - figured out the problem. Just in case anyone is wondering about the
solution, some time ago I changed the text color to white to hide the numbers
about 7 versions back.

"Marilyn" wrote:

I converted footnotes to endnotes and while they now appear at the end of the
document, the subscripted number has dropped. It appears there is something
or at least space in front of the endnote text that I can highlight, but no
number appears. And the options is set to restart at character 1. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whoops, it seems I misinterpreted this to mean that the number was no longer
superscripted. If it does not appear at all, check to make sure that the
Endnote Reference style is not formatted as Hidden or White or some very
small font size.

http://word.mvps.org

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I converted footnotes to endnotes and while they now appear at the end of
the
document, the subscripted number has dropped. It appears there is
something
or at least space in front of the endnote text that I can highlight, but
no
number appears. And the options is set to restart at character 1. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

Footnotes converted to Endnotes Brenda from Michigan Microsoft Word Help 3 June 27th 08 03:40 PM
Footnotes and endnotes Tyro New Users 3 April 21st 08 02:13 PM
Footnotes and Endnotes de Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 07 02:20 AM
Footnotes and Endnotes John FM Holstein Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 05 10:43 AM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM