Seneca Seneca is offline
Junior Member

Default Cursor I Bar Shows Justification Symbol, Too - How Elliminate?

Hi,

Brand new - reluctantly - to Word (but it's the lingua franca so I surrender; former WordPerfect, OpenOffice Writer user).

On a new blank Word page, or in the white space below newly typed text, the I-bar cursor mark is maddeningly (to me, anyway) attached to a small justification icon which shifts - right, left, center - as I move the cursor about the white space..

How can I get rid of this attached icon, please? I have searched Word Help and Googled every combination I could think of, with no luck.

Many thanks.

Seneca