Luscord Luscord is offline
Junior Member

Default Header Fotter challenge!

Hi all,
I have an issue where I must use a certain type of footer and side page graphic.

My issue is I cannot seem to get the footer graphic to appear in front of the side bar graphic while still maintaining footer information (page numbers etc) IN FRONT of the footer graphic.

I have attached a picture of how I would like to have the footer look (tick) and the way it currently looks (cross) which is real shoddy!!

I have also attached a word docx (2007) in the zip file if someone want to have a play.

I have tried bring to front/send to back etc and grouping but still no go!

Any suggestions??
Cheers!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip header footer help.zip (57.3 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by Luscord : January 6th 13 at 10:59 PM Reason: better explain
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can (re-)insert the page number manually after you have added the
graphic. To do that, you need to activate the header/footer view, for
example by double-clicking the header. Then click where you want the page
number, and press Alt+Shift+P to insert it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luscord" wrote in message ...

Hi all,
I have an issue where I must use a certain type of footer and side page
graphic; however, I cannot seem to get the footer to appear in frot of
the side bar graphic while maintaining footer information (page numbers
etc).

I have attached a picture of how i would like to have it look like and
the current options i have which look real shoddy!!

I have also attached a word docx (2007) in the zip file.

I have tried bring to front/send to back etc and grouping but no go!

Any suggestions??
Cheers!

|Filename: Header footer options.JPG |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=172|
|Filename: header footer help.zip |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=173|

Luscord Luscord is offline
Junior Member

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];493787']You can (re-)insert the page number manually after you have added the
graphic. To do that, you need to activate the header/footer view, for
example by double-clicking the header. Then click where you want the page
number, and press Alt+Shift+P to insert it.

Hi Stefan!
Thankyou for your reply. Unfortunately my issue is getting the footer flash (graphic) to sit on top of the side page flash and then getting the footer information to sit on top of that. Word does not seem to allow anything in the footer to sit in front of anything in the main body/page.

I did try taking a screen print of whole page including the side flash but no header/footer and save it as a jpeg and then use the Word page colour function to select the newly created picture (instead of a colour) which would sit in the background; however, i only want it on certain pages and the page colour function cannot apparently be applied to selected pages ie all or nothing!?
So still struggling!!
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

OK, I see your point.

And, no, items in the header or footer are always *behind* the text in the
main body of the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luscord" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
[...]

Luscord

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

"Luscord" wrote

however, i only want it on certain pages and the
page colour function cannot apparently be applied
to selected pages ie all or nothing!?
So still struggling!!

I would prefer to place both graphics within the footer - if "Different
first page" and "Different odd and even" would help.
May be, section breaks would be a possibility in your document. But it
depends on where the second picture is needed.

--
Viele Grüße
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Fotter won't continue on next page snowboard_heath[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 09 07:02 PM
table challenge krs1105 Tables 2 February 3rd 09 09:26 AM
Word 07 Challenge - Line Creep Howard Cross New Users 5 June 28th 07 07:25 PM
A real challenge For Word Gurus... Raffi Bearmant Formatting Long Documents 1 September 28th 06 02:45 PM
Small caps in numbering: A challenge Brian Mac G Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 06 02:08 AM