Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deej Hernandez[_2_] Deej Hernandez[_2_] is offline

Default Page #'s in Roman Numeral

I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can anyone tell me how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document has over 500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deej Hernandez[_2_] Deej Hernandez[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

I"m sorry but maybe I didn't explain this right. The document's page
numbers are fine. It's the scroll bar page numbers that are in Roman numeral
I am scrolling up and down through the document looking for a specific page
but the page numbers with the scroll bar elevator aren't in American so I
can't find the page without going page by page by page by .... You get the
idea.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can anyone tell me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document has over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you printing numbers on the page? If not, then perhaps you are going by
the status bar page numbers? They are always arabic AFAIK. The only way I
can see roman numerals when scrolling is if the page number format is set to
roman numerals.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in
message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can anyone tell
me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document has
over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deej Hernandez[_2_] Deej Hernandez[_2_] is offline

Yes, I'm printing page numbers on the pages. The footer numbers show up
perfectly the way they are supposed to on the pages. I'm talking about when
you grab the elevator button in the scroll bar and pull it up or down. The
little window that opens beside the scroll bar shows the page you are
scrolling to in Roman numeral.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in
message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can anyone tell
me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document has
over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there maybe an initial Section with roman numbers, and he happens
to have the cursor in that section when he's tried scrolling?

I'm always surprised when the elevator button (is that really what
it's called?) announces the headings as it passes them. (Just like
Shirley McLaine in *The Apartment*, which was on Channel 13 last
week.) Does it work off the same stuff as Document Map (which I've
been using for years and never had a problem with, despite the
cautions in a recent thread)?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in
message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers
when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. *Can anyone
tell
me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? *This particular document has
over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deej Hernandez[_2_] Deej Hernandez[_2_] is offline

Sorry to say there are no Roman numerals anywhere at all in the document I'm
working on. I'm writing a book and the page numbers are all American.

Mrs. Deej

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in
message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page numbers
when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can anyone
tell
me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document has
over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for editing.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just so you know, there's no such thing as an "American" number; the ones we
use here are roman and arabic numerals (just to make things more confusing,
Arabic actually uses something different).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click on Page
Number,
choose Format Page Numbers..., and choose 1, 2, 3 format.

"Deej Hernandez" wrote
in
message
I have Office 2007 and in just one Word document the page
numbers
when
scrolling are in Roman numerals instead of American. Can
anyone
tell
me
how
to get the correct page numbers back? This particular document
has
over
500
pages and it's kind of hard to find the one I need for
editing.-

Luigi10 Luigi10 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Did anyone figure this problem out. I am having the same problem with my vertical scroll bar. When I am scrolling the page numbers are in roman numerals instead of Arabic numbers. I want them to be in Arabic numbers. The page numbers in my document are correctly formatted to Arabic numbers and I do not know how to correct the scroll numbers. Please help, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post