Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CIMCHUCK CIMCHUCK is offline

Default How do I get .5 line spacing?

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

When you start typing your list, click into the Format Paragraph and
adjust the line spacing to Multiple and .5 (However I think you really
want 1.5" so that you are not typing your list with the text overlapping
each line.

In Word 2003 and earlier, select the Format menu and select Paragraph.
In Word 2007 locate the Paragraph Group on the Home Tab. Click the
dialog launcher (Little square to the right of the word "Paragraph").

Let us know if you need more help.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
:

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/13/2008 8:23 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can select any spacing you want if you choose Multiple. Enter .5 in the
box. But you'll probably find that your text is truncated. You may want to
reduce the font size and then reduce spacing somewhat less.

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dev dev is offline

How do I get word to allow overlapping fonts instead of truncating?
Sometimes microsoft products are so eager to help, they force me to accept
norms that I need to have options for instead. I used to fight word and
excel constantly to keep words from being capitalized, for example. (I know
how to turn that off.)

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR.
ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lizard lizard is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I am looking for a way to be able to type above an existing line, for
example in a rental agreement I would type a tenant's name above the line. I
tried what you suggested below but the name showed as half the size. Thanks,
Liz

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are setting up a form, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm. The article focuses
on how to "draw lines" in Word which is probably what you need. (Note that
the article also also links to articles on protected forms, but from your
description you don't need that.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR.
ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cynthia Twite Cynthia Twite is offline

This isn't working....I want single space and it will not change even when I
select 1 and save it to default.

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
:

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/13/2008 8:23 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is Word 2007, then, in addition to the 1.15 line spacing that is the
default, there is 10 pts Spacing After. You have to remove this as well. If
you prefer the Word 2003 defaults, you may want to choose that style set.

http://word.mvps.org

"CIMCHUCK" wrote in message
:

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR.
ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/13/2008 8:23 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kay-t kay-t is offline

I have windows 7 and I need .5 line spacing and going to the box on the right
under paragraph did not allow me to change the lines spaces, it just made the
lines 1/2 of what they should be. Help!

"CIMCHUCK" wrote:

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR. ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, 0.5 line spacing would make lines 1/2 of what they should be. Perhaps
what you want is 1.5 line spacing?

http://word.mvps.org

"CIMCHUCK" wrote:

I WANT TO USE 1/2, OR .5 LINE SPACING FOR LIST TO FIT POCKET CALLENDAR.
ANY
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you are trying to get more lines per inch (or other measurement), then you
must change the point size of the type. If you normally use 12 point Times
New Roman, single spaced with no space before or after, which gives roughly
5 lines per inch, you might try 6 point TNR, which gives about 10 lines per
inch. ( Arial, Verdana, and several other typefaces included with Office
are more readable at small sizes.)

HTH,
Pam

line spacing Keith Microsoft Word Help 2 April 26th 06 10:18 AM
How do I put line spacing in a TOC? Brandybird Microsoft Word Help 1 September 29th 05 10:30 AM
Why my line spacing is wider than everyone else (line spacing)? Melody Koh Microsoft Word Help 6 September 13th 05 11:12 PM
SIngle line spacing appears as 1.5 line Samuel Page Layout 4 July 4th 05 10:39 AM
Single line spacing appears as 1.5 line Samuel via OfficeKB.com Page Layout 1 June 18th 05 07:29 PM