KSChap

Default Changed Word Format when new file downloaded.

Help!
I recently attempted to "synchronize" a "Word" file from my desktop to my
Laptop computer by saving it to disc. When I downloaded the file to my
laptop. It changed the format of all my Word files. When I save them it
asks if I want to save changes to the "EZ Photo" document. My toolbar has
been replaced by links to "EZ Photo" which appear as "EZP". I am a casual
Word user. This has never happened before. My desktop is new. I have just
started to try and share files. Is there anyway to restore my "Word"
defaults and to no longer have my files "read" as "EZ Photo". Thanks for any
help or suggestions.
Kent. P.S. Windows XP and Office 2003 on both computers.

Somewhere on your computer you have the EZ-Photo application (probably
installed by a scanner or other hardware). This software adds an add-in to
Word's Startup folder, and the add-in adds the button(s) to your toolbar.

Unfortunately, the add-in was written for Word 95 and doesn't function
properly with later versions, so you need to remove it. Once you've done
this, you can remove any and all EZP buttons from Word using Tools |
Customize. The files you're looking for (to delete) are Ezpwll32.wll,
Ezphoto.wll, Ezpwll.wll, and Ezpwll16.wll. You'll need to display Hidden and
System files in order to find these using Windows Find/Search.

For more on EZ-Photo, see "WD2000: Problems Caused By EZ-Photo 2.7 and
Earlier Versions [Q224727]." Note that it should *not* be necessary to
rename Normal.dot as this article suggests; this will remove all your
customizations, and the only reason I can see for doing it is to remove the
EZP buttons, which you can easily do yourself.

After you've done this, restore Word's file associations by reregistering
it: at the Start | Run prompt, type

winword /r

and press Enter.