Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ignatious

Default Simplify the formatting of merge documents

I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years- at least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am having to
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to get
documents to print.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may already know this, but see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ignatious" wrote in message
I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years- at
least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am having to
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal
points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to get
documents to print.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ignatious

I looked at it to format the $ fields. Can't get the calculations to work for
% fields.

I just had to gripe about what a sub-standard product MS is putting out.

"ignatious" wrote in message
I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years- at
least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am having to
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal
points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to get
documents to print.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What is wrong about what you are getting for the percent fields? What is
the entry in the datasource? What do you want to be displayed in the
document? What is now being displayed?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"ignatious" wrote in message
I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years- at
least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am having
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal
points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to get
documents to print.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ignatious

The entry in my Excel worksheet is a number such as .01 formatted as %.

per gmayor's website, I tried using a formula {={MERGEFIELD rate_}*100 \# #
"0%"} and various permutations thereof. I kept getting the error message "A
field calculation error occurred in record 1".

Without the formula I didn't get the error butr I got an unformatted "0" in
my document.

What I want to get (and what I got when I used Word 2000) is 1.00% or .65%
etc.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is wrong about what you are getting for the percent fields? What is
the entry in the datasource? What do you want to be displayed in the
document? What is now being displayed?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"ignatious" wrote in message
I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years- at
least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am having
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal
points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to get
documents to print.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You have an extra # in your field.construction

It should be { = { MERGEFIELD rate_ } * 100 \# "0%" }

--

#

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is wrong about what you are getting for the percent fields? What is
the entry in the datasource? What do you want to be displayed in the
document? What is now being displayed?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"ignatious" wrote in message
I have a Word merge document that has worked fine for several years-
at
least
until I had the misfortune to upgrade to Office 2003. Now I am
having
learn about switches to format data as dollars.

Word doesn't talk to Excel anymore???????????

I still can't get my percetnages to show up, with or without decimal
points.

I feel like I am back in the DOS world of 1985 - learning codes to
get
documents to print.

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow