Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dannyl Dannyl is offline

Default Mail Merge

Hi, Ive had some problems with mail merge in word 2000. Fist I didn't have
any mail merge setting under tools, I've solved that problem, now when I do a
mail merge to make labels with a works 8 database I've ran into another
problem, this used to work before. I click on mail merge under tools, mail
merge helper comes up, I click on createmailing labelsactive windowget
data ( works 8 database file)open data source header record delimiter comes
up, in the preview window everything looks unreadable
(IIIIIIIII"""::;hhjgaaa^^^^)sample, I click OK anywaysetup main document
label option OKcreate labels windowsInsert merge field, I click on it,
only one insert field unreadable same as above sample, there are no First
name, Last name or street address fields, merge is grayed out can't finish
merge. I can't figure out whats wrong. If someone ran in this before and
solved this please let me know, I thank you for your time and patience

DannyL