Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidF[_2_] DavidF[_2_] is offline

Default Word2007 - fading print quality in doc/docx file.

I used Word2007 to compile a village newsletter and use a lot of copy-
paste. I have found that occasionally an article, takes up a
noticeably different (ie faded) shade when printed. The change in
density is not noticeable on screen, unless the magnification is
increased to 150% or more, when a slight change in line thickness in
the letters is just noticeable. I cannot find any change of font
parameter that might have crept in to cause this. The effect is
consistent even after 'printing' to pdf file, and after several
closing and openings of the file. The changes always seem to occur at
a change in paragraph, in the midst of a page (ie not on page
change)..
I tried to produce an example file by taking my 44 page document and
deleting 42 pages, and saving the remnants as a new 2-page file;
however, the problem had then disappeared in the new file!
Can anyone help me track this down, please?

DavidF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacinthe Jacinthe is offline

Two options, perhaps:

Use a format copy to overwrite any formatting on the "faded" section ...
Select the faded section and manually choose the black text color.

Have you tried both of these options?

"DavidF" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidF[_2_] DavidF[_2_] is offline

On Jul 21, 3:03*pm, Jacinthe
wrote:
Two options, perhaps:

Use a format copy to overwrite any formatting on the "faded" section ...
Select the faded section and manually choose the black text color.

Have you tried both of these options?

Yes, selecting the faded bit and manually chosing black text does
correct the problem. Thanks.
However, the difference in text quality on screen is very small, much
less than when printed out especially the printing done by the print
shop from my consequent Acrobat file, and it is therefore difficult to
identify arisings until too late. I would like to prevent the change
happening in the first place. I don't recall this problem arising when
using an earlier version of Word.

regards,
DavidF