Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Kid Word Kid is offline

Default Create autorun cd for large number of document files

I'm trying to create an autorun cd for a word file manual. Each section is a
different file. Has anyone ever done this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi Word Kid:

You can break your document into several documents, as MS Word sometimes can
become somewhat unweildy when a document grows to too many pages. The only
thing is that you can lose the automated TOC funtion (Insert- Reference-
Index and Tables- Table of Contents). I once did that and it was more
unweildy than having a single document.

Alternatively, you can use a Powerpoint popup program with hyperlinks to the
various chapters or you can purchase DemoShield, a program used by many
retail programs to demonstrate files.

What I would do, especially if the manual has many pages, is to make it as
small as possible. Right click on any graphic image in the manual and then
select Format Picture- Picture- Compress then place a checkmark on "All
pictures in document", on "Web/Screen" (resolution lowest at 96 dpi), on
"Compress Pictures" and on "Delect Cropped Areas of Pictures". You can
sometimes decrease a document's size by a lot, allowing you to keep it all
together and then use the TOC function to go to the various chapters.

Cheers,
Al

"Word Kid" wrote:

I'm trying to create an autorun cd for a word file manual. Each section is a
different file. Has anyone ever done this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Kid[_2_] Word Kid[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your reply.

What I have is and index/table of contents file and 47 chapter files that
comprise the manual. What I need to be able to do is link from the table of
contents to each chapter and have the table of contents autorun when the cd
is inserted.

I'd like to stay with Word files, but I am toying with the idea of
converting to pdf's if I can't find any information on how to do this with
word files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi Word Kid:

Check out the "autorun.inf" file in any one of the hits in this Google search-

http://www.google.com/search?q=autor...x=&startPage=1

Cheers,
Al