Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DavidJ726

Default Resize Window, maintain 100% text size?

When I'm working in the Normal or Print view and resize the window, the text
automaticaly shrinks & I have to go to ViewZoom and select 100%. Is there
a way to eliminate these steps and have it so when I resize the window the
text doesn't automatically shrink?

Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

The zoom is stores with the document - you have yours saved as 'page width'.
You need to reset it to 100%

For new documents see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will
set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it should be.
Change the 100 to any preferred zoom level. I have included also some of the
other regular problem fixes, but you can remove the extra lines if required.
If you want normal rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from
the beginning of the line where indicated to the other.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
.DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName