Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hhiibel hhiibel is offline

Default XP update causes word2003 to print reverse image

I just allowed XP to apply updates. Now Word2003 prints a mirror image. I
can't figure out how to undo it.

If helping me requires knowing something about my system please include
instructions of how I can find that information.

thanks.

howard.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless one update was a new printer driver, it's unlikely the update
actually had anything to do with it. Check your printer Properties for a
check box labeled "Mirror image," "Flip horizontal," "T-shirt transfer," or
the like and clear it.

"hhiibel" wrote in message
I just allowed XP to apply updates. Now Word2003 prints a mirror image. I
can't figure out how to undo it.

If helping me requires knowing something about my system please include
instructions of how I can find that information.

thanks.

howard.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hhiibel hhiibel is offline

Susanne,

Thank you for your response. I restored back to 10/14 and the printer
worked. Then of course the auto upgrade to XP took over and I rebooted. The
system came back up and the printouts were in mirror image again. Also, using
the printer's menu I can print a test and it prints out correct. the printer
is an HP J5750. Before I go back to 10/14 again and figure out how to stop
the OS from ever upgrading itself again(how do you do this?), I'd be open to
trying some suggestions.

thanks

Howard.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

hhiibel wrote:
Susanne,

Thank you for your response. I restored back to 10/14 and the printer
worked. Then of course the auto upgrade to XP took over and I
rebooted. The system came back up and the printouts were in mirror
image again. Also, using the printer's menu I can print a test and it
prints out correct. the printer is an HP J5750. Before I go back to
10/14 again and figure out how to stop the OS from ever upgrading
itself again(how do you do this?), I'd be open to trying some
suggestions.

thanks

Howard.

Visit the HP driver support page for your printer model at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...duct =3301740
and, if it's newer than the driver you have now, download and install the
software.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman