Hi Ho Silver

Default Squaring off a segment of text

How do I "square off" a set of chopped up text such as this example:

---------------------------
My a/c blower is set in a closet on a board, mounted about 30 inches above
the
floor. Return air flows through the vertical air filter (20x25) opening and
makes a right turn up into the blower suction. The opening in the board for
the fan suction is rectangular, 18 inches by 16 inches.
The board is supported by two 2x6 beams running underneath the board. One
of the two 2x6's was put in (by the builder six years ago) directly across
the blower suction opening,
presenting a 1.5 inch obstruction to the air flow.
-------------------------------

When I copy and paste the above selection of text into Word, I want to be
able to have a paragraph that is aligned against the left and right margins
as if I had typed it that way to begin with, more like this version of my
example:

--------------------------------
My a/c blower is set in a closet on a board, mounted about 30 inches above
the floor. Return air flows through the vertical air filter (20x25) opening
and makes a right turn up into the blower suction. The opening in the board
for the fan suction is rectangular, 18 inches by 16 inches. The board is
supported by two 2x6 beams running underneath the board. One of the two
2x6's was put in (by the builder six years ago) directly across the blower
suction opening, presenting a 1.5 inch obstruction to the air flow.
-------------------------------

I have not figured out a clean way to do this without going to each line and
doing manual deletes and returns to push the text around. A short bit like
the above example is not a problem, but a really large bit is cumbersome.
Any hints? Thanks.
--
John Hanley

To send return email:
jphanley
@
ix.
netcom.
com

Greg Maxey

I have an addin you can download from he

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Hi Ho Silver wrote:
[...]

Glad I could help.

"Hi Ho Silver" 24601@hidden wrote in message
Thanks, the 'Auto Format' option in the reference did just what I

needed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm for the manual
version.