Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sid Sid is offline

Default Trouble with tables in Microsoft Word

After placing the cursor in a table, if I begin to type or press shift, the
whole row is selected. While I can enter data, the row remains selected when
I'm doing so. How do I get rid of this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

By selected, I assume that you mean that it turns a darker and darker shade
of blue.

This is a bug caused by having certain things added to the Quick Access
Toolbar. As I recall, it is things to do with Page Setup. Make a note of
what you have added to the Quick Access Toolbar and then delete them all and
then add them back one at a time until you determine which things it is in
your case.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.