newword4444 newword4444 is offline
Junior Member

Location: usa
Default Text is underlined and won't copy/paste

I have a word doc that is about 3K words.

I was trying to copy and paste it into an email (client doesn't allow attachments).

When I copied and pasted it an entire section did not paste.

The only thing I notice different about the original doc is that the section that did not paste is underlined in dots. I couldn't provide a sample here because it won't copy and paste.

So here's and idea what it looks like.

Except the dots are right under the letters. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
MattDan MattDan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newword4444 View Post
I have a word doc that is about 3K words.

I was trying to copy and paste it into an email (client doesn't allow attachments).

When I copied and pasted it an entire section did not paste.

The only thing I notice different about the original doc is that the section that did not paste is underlined in dots. I couldn't provide a sample here because it won't copy and paste.

So here's and idea what it looks like.

Except the dots are right under the letters. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hi,

What version of Word are you using? Sounds like you've got some text formatted as 'hidden', and your display options are set to show hidden text. And you're right, it doesn't copy and paste. Select the underlined text and format it as normal text (i.e. take the hidden formatting off). That should do it.

Matt