Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
karen110 karen110 is offline

Default page background doesn't print properly

Hi,
I have a graphic for the background of my first page, which extends out to
the edges of the page. It looks right in Print Layour, but then in Print
Preview there is a white border - the graphic doesn't extend to the edges.
How can I correct this to get it to print the way it looks? Using Word 2003.

Thanks,
Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Most desktop printers have an irreducible unprintable area (required for
paper handling), for which there is really no workaround. Even if you have a
photo printer that can print to the edge, it may do so only for smaller
paper sizes, or it may require you to set some specific setting in the
printer driver. Even commercial printers print "full bleed" by printing to
oversized paper and trimming.