Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boscar boscar is offline

Default How do I print my word file to dot matrix printer in draft mode

See I have only my dot-matrix printer working steadily. My ink jet printer
runs out of ink in a short duration so I can not rely on I.J.Printer. My
trouble lies in printing my documents in D.M.Pr. It takes long time if I use
the word fonts in graphics mode. Instead can I convert them to direct ASCII
codes or something so that the printing become faster. Like I know that you
will say that not all special characters are not there in draft mode. But I
want a plain text translation with some bullets and numbering etc. I want
tables too for. Can I get the wordstar? as freeware?
Advance thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried checking "Draft output" on the Print tab of Tools | Options?
You might also check to see whether the printer Properties for your dot
matrix printer has a setting forcing draft output (a lot of older printers
have DIP switches for this setting, however).

http://word.mvps.org