Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default Word keeps crashing when try to add numbering or bullets

Can anyone help, word 2003 (SBE) keeps crashing (incl outlook using word as
editor for messages) when I try to add numbers or bullets in a document.
Have run Norton and spy ware checks - no problems found, have run repair from
the Office disk and have installed SP3 to try to resolve but still a problem.
Seems to be linked to normal template being changed after a while. Any
ideas on what to do next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Rename the Normal.dot template to Normal.old and then restart Word and it
will create a new one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sarah" wrote in message
Can anyone help, word 2003 (SBE) keeps crashing (incl outlook using word
as
editor for messages) when I try to add numbers or bullets in a document.
Have run Norton and spy ware checks - no problems found, have run repair
from
the Office disk and have installed SP3 to try to resolve but still a
problem.
Seems to be linked to normal template being changed after a while. Any
ideas on what to do next

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Hi Doug, thanks for replying, sorry I should have mentioned I did actually
try this too and it only works whilst I am logged in on that occasion. If I
shut down and reboot the problem recurs.

Sarah

"Sarah" wrote in message
Can anyone help, word 2003 (SBE) keeps crashing (incl outlook using word
as
editor for messages) when I try to add numbers or bullets in a document.
Have run Norton and spy ware checks - no problems found, have run repair
from
the Office disk and have installed SP3 to try to resolve but still a
problem.
Seems to be linked to normal template being changed after a while. Any
ideas on what to do next

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bugstuff bugstuff is offline

I think I'm facing the same thing. This is for a client. She places bullets
or numbers in the doc and it shuts down. In some cases when she has a
document that she opens with bullets it works until she changes the data in
the document. I ran CCleaner reg cleaner a couple of weeks ago and the
problem was fixed, I thought. After about 4 days the problem is back. I am
looking for the answers again. I tried Word in Safe Mode. It did the same.
Today I did a complete uninstall of Office 03 then a reinstall. The problem
was still there. I thought about uninstalling Office and just installing
Word. Run a registry cleaner and see if the problem persists. I hope there
is someone out there that can tell Sarah and myself with the exact, prooven,
solution. Please help.
--
(o\ ! /o)